I suggest you ...

Just food for thought.

Have ya'll ever considered this larp /boffer weapons. I have seen a number of them home built for combat, but never any high quality one.

Frying pan
Beer stein
Meat cleaver
Shovel
scythe (hand and reaper)
Cauldron

Just food for though

164 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminCalimacil (Admin, calimacil) responded  · 

We’re working on a rolling pin and a baseball bat & ball at the moment, those will be really cool for your local zombies. Also, we’ve heard about the scythe idea from a few fans, we’re going to try to do something with that! Send us pictures of your favorite home-weapons if you can!

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Silvester commented  · 

I'm in the SCA and we recently tried to do a tavern brawl for rapier fighters at an event; unfortunately it didn't happen due to exhaustion from a prevision activity... :-(

Our plan was to wrap sleeping bags in duck tape for kegs and have available other "tavern" type props - your wine bottles are perfect!!

I would like to see wood and pewter plates and mugs, oil lamps, candle lanterns, table legs, pottery jugs, casks, etc.... Just all of the stuff you imagine when you think of a tavern brawl; much of it could double up for western themes or even modern era events.

PIES!!!! custard pie fights with no mess and no ruined costumes!!!

• Ana commented  · 

I would absolutely LOVE a frying pan! I can think of a character concept in a run a friend was in where that weapon saved the party! It was the only item that was Cold Iron and it decimated the enemy!
        I hope you create a frying pan! Lots of people over here would love it!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would Really love to see a Larp safe Scythe and would pay hansomely for it, to date in my 10+ years of larp play I have yet to see a decent latex or foam/duct tape scythe.

• Lindsay commented  · 

Haha, I like the idea of a hitting someone over the head with a LARP shovel.

• Jani Sahamies commented  · 

One of my favorite ordinary people's fighting items is the make it yourself buckler for home defence: the lid from a cooking pot.
        It is definitely on my want-to-have list.

Also wanting: ordinary historical wood axes, a hammer, kitchen & food knives.

Love the shovel, wanted one for a long time. It should not be full steel, metal shod wood is more historical looking.

• Athene commented  · 

I used to fight rolling pin and frying pan. The rolling pin actually rolled too. I've seen the beer stein (used for muggings), shovels and the meat cleaver. The question is, can it be done well AND inexpensively? I would love to have a new, oddball weapon as well as a cool boffer anvil.

• Maurice Spaulding commented  · 

Seriously though, I'd pay good money for a Larp foam anvil that looked cool.

• Maurice Spaulding commented  · 

Add an anvil into that, need to get some loonytunes larp action goin :P

Feedback and Knowledge Base