I suggest you ...

Animal Claws

I would love to see some claws (animal not “metal”) for LARPers who play animalistic races like Sar cat people. Four claws of 12” (30cm) per hand would be ideal. Either gripped by a cross piece or worn as a glove or bracer with fixed claws.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gibious commented  · 

May be illegal to parry with in system, but provide a cool alternative weapon for the huge amount of beast-kin. Maybe take design ideas from Voldo of the Soul Calibur series.

• Elizabeth Cameron commented  · 

I absolutely think that if you made the 'claw reps' relatively affordable that most games who are sick of terrible boffer-style NPC weapons would be happy to stock up on pairs of claw weapons. Ideally these would be no longer than 32" total bringing it under 'short-sword' length.

Gripping it by a cross-piece is likely your best-bet with 3 'blades' (claws) coming off a rounded handle.

http://i.imgur.com/sHkqRCM.png

Alternately, using molds you already have, modify the 'eli' wastelander hilt to add a more supportive structure to the claws as seen in my diagram above.

I think your main issue would be finding a way to make them easy to mass-produce at a rate that is affordable to the Management of games to buy them in bulk.

• Fenrir Lupara commented  · 

Calimacil could make fist weapons rather easily. A horizontal bar for the grip and having the rest be core-less would work rather well. As long as you have enough foam to cover and cushion the entire hand the weapon would still be rather safe.

• Geoffrey Schaller commented  · 

(They would also be very good for games who need to buy lots of them for NPCs, such as to outfit an army of trolls with claws, or such. NPC Shacks use them a LOT at big games!)

• Geoffrey Schaller commented  · 

I could also see single-blade claws of varying sizes - 18", 32", 39" - bone white in color. They don't need to be fancy, have hilts or pommels - just white blades, and a good grip.

Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base