I suggest you ...

Make a Spear

I'm thinking a boar hunting spear with a Fantasy edge, maybe some runes or celtic knotwork.

I would really like one for a character I play in my LARP group in Winnpeg.

295 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Still an open idea for a Boar Spear? I'd buy a "Sleepy" and a "Wooden Staff" and try to stick 'em together but thats a safety situation in itself... But maybe a good starting point for the Calimacil folks if you dont have any better ideas? <3

• deathseller commented  · 

What if you will create a spear with the blade of Kira staff? It's blade is very pretty and as the spear it can be popular

• Anonymous commented  · 

A leaf-shaped blade was what I was imagining. It would look the most realistic.

• Bijan Djafari commented  · 

When producing spears please make sure that either you have a second grip or the grip isn't too far towards the tip. A spear should always be suited for a onehanded underarm grip, because that is the way they are historically used with a shield in formation.

• idolmaster commented  · 

you should call it qiang meaning spear in chinese

• Geoffrey Schaller commented  · 

As a comment - you have the Kira & Onyx staves, and the Naginata now, both of which are beautiful! Specifically, a shorter spear - one in the 48" - 60" range (120 - 150 cm) would compliment the gap between longer weapons (like the above pole-arms) and the shorter ones (Swords).

Thank you!

• Knighthaven commented  · 

we are a historical group and the need for pole-arms and spears is great. we love the your product.

• Liam Neary commented  · 

This would be great. I've always spent a lot of time searching around for spears like Geoff mentioned to no avail and I've always wanted a pole weapon from you guys. I look forward to whatever you produce.

• keiva commented  · 

i would enjoy a boar hunting spear as well. i have been wanting to start a woodsman character but unfortunately every spear i can find is too classy for the character. something simple and traditional would really make me happy. Please dont go overboard though, i need something that's suitable for a hunter not a elven prince.

• Geoffrey Schaller commented  · 

I agree as well. Something shorter (48" - 60") would be nice. There are other spears out there, but they all whip like mad... Calimacil would do it right!

• Brandon Smith commented  · 

I agree... I am handy with a spear and find that its hard to get a larp safe one anywheres for less than the cost of a arm and a leg.

Feedback and Knowledge Base