I suggest you ...

Sell a complete halberd

I love the calimacil weaponry and want to buy a halberd. Unfortunately you only sell the head to be self assembled. I would love to buy a complete calimacil halberd.

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thom StamThom Stam shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KimKim commented  · 

If you are going to do a complete halberd it MUST have an approved-for-thrusting spear point. I agree with the other comments that halberds are pointless (pun intentional) unless you can chop AND skewer.
        I would also add that I have no problem with you also offering a BETTER Falcon Head (with thrusting point) and just letting us DIY for the shaft.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think these should definately be sold in different lengths. Maybe on ethat is about the same length as the Skaegi and the Naginata and maybe also a longer version. Personally I would prefer one that wasn't more than maybe six feet.

• Javier Fernández OcaJavier Fernández Oca commented  · 

Me and my friends have been using the Murten for a couple of years already for both long and short halberds (250 cm and 180 cm), and, even as we are quite satisfied with them (I have two of them myself, for example), they tend to break in the pole junction with the head or the core, no matter how much we reinforce it. Curiosly, it breaks even faster in the shorter version (180 cm) than in the other one.

I understand that maybe there won't be much demand for a longer version, but myself, and I think most of my friends are longing to be able to have a good calimacil complete halberd in a western way (the naginatas are great but don't fit well with our Tercio look)

• Kai ClaytonKai Clayton commented  · 

I think that a head resembling this (http://www.bueker-gmbh.de/pics/l/alias3/A17-pole-arm-halberd,-15th-and-16th-century,-replica.jpg) would be ideal! The head currently is very god but I really like the curving inward of a halberd like this. The shipping for such an item I know is very difficult. If you end up making only a new halberd head, please consider this design. I also mentioned in a previous email that I sent that I liked the staff from the "Hangaku Katana" because it has the rivets on the side. For a finished halberd I think it would be spectacular to combine the two (the hangaku staff and the head I suggested).

• Kristoffer JohanssonKristoffer Johansson commented  · 

I resently made a two-part handle to my Halberd head by making a conaction in the centerhandle using a Swedish cruch. Cruches in Sweden are cheep and made of high grade aluminium with a god fit between the pipes, the locking meckanism is made to take 150kg of pressure. If the shaft fails it won't be in the lock. This makes the two meter long halbard into a one meter long axe with an extention bar.
        I have made a prodjekt folder of the manufacturing process on my facebook account.
        I belive that Calimacil as a company might get locking pipes like these quit cheep and with the fiberglas core mouted in the pipe an fom padding around the shaft it will be a best seller polearm.

Kristoffer J

• Thom StamThom Stam commented  · 

I like the head as it is right now, and recently you have added a wooden stick to your shop. Maybe it is possible to adapt those two so the will fit together and still be able to disassemble the item. And possible Calimacil can get some ideas from fishing poles, on how to assemble a long object that is still strong and somewhat flexible.

• Bob SautBob Saut commented  · 

Now that the wooden staff is out, maybe this can turn in to make our own spear/halberd

• Daniel van den BosDaniel van den Bos commented  · 

yes, thats a great idea! would love to see full halberds in the future :)

• BoudewijnBoudewijn commented  · 

A halbert without handle is like a see without water ;)

• Thom StamThom Stam commented  · 

Let's get this idea to the top! Great work so far!

• Klaas Pieter GreeveKlaas Pieter Greeve commented  · 

It would be a lot better if they sold fully complete halberds indeed. I would rather buy a complete weapon than one I have to assemble myself.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Yes, we need halberds in our city-guard!

Feedback and Knowledge Base