I suggest you ...

Real length on the longer swords.

I think that you are getting into a strange niche with the short length on your swords. The short/medium/long are at real lengths, but the bastard swords are a limited to a measly 110 cm and hwat you call two-handed swords are basically the size of the longest bastard swords in history. And you have nothing in what was the true two-handed size which goes from 130 cm for the small ones and up to 180 cm for the true Great Swords. That kind of sizes is where your special quality could really make a difference.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jani Sahamies shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Markus Justus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to remind, that the longsword as in historical context will not go longer than 130cm afaik. Anything beyond that is a greatsword. And for additional Info a bastard sword is a rather rare sword type which was more like an arming sword, the "normal"one handed sword, with a slightly longer hilt so that it can be used two handed.
    And regards to the other comment on broader swords. In my honest opinion please not as swords with broad blades like in Skyrim will look terribly ridiculus in LARP.

• ANONYMOUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree. Having a huge, deadly, greatsword on the battlefield is much different than a two handed bastard sword. Here is a greatsword from skyrim (yes, I know) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarven_Greatsword
    Notice its blade is very wide, not just a steel toothpick. (not that I'm saying that Calimacil's swords are toothpicks, but a bigger blade is better)

Feedback and Knowledge Base